Welcome, Visitors, to Saline!
On behalf of the Saline Area Chamber of Commerce, welcome and thank you for your interest in our community!
The City of Saline and our five surrounding townships: Bridgewater, Lodi, Pittsfield, Saline, and York are strategically located in central Washtenaw County. Together we provide a truly great place to live and do business.
And we are a fun place to visit – rich with family-friendly activities and attractions, plus shopping and dining options ranging from fast and simple to sophisticated and elegant.
One of America's Best Places to Be
The living and working experience in the Saline area is characterized by a unique mix of outstanding demographics, a picturesque community rich with history and agriculture, and people committed to volunteering and maintaining a desirable quality of life.
The City of Saline is known for having a “small town” flair along with the advantages sometimes only available in bigger metropolitan areas. Three times consecutively (2005, 2007, and 2009) Saline has been honored by CNN/Money Magazine as one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Live" in the United States. Making the list represents extensive research in areas like financial performance, housing, education, quality of life, leisure and culture, and healthcare facilities. In 2012, Bloomberg Businessweek named Saline the "Best Place to Raise Kids" in Michigan.
Recently Saline was selected as a production and filming site for two Hollywood movies made in Michigan:
- Whip It, a Drew Barrymore-produced movie about roller derbies, had production offices in Saline. It premiered to good notices and healthy box-office returns in October 2009.
- Flipped, a Rob Reiner-produced movie set mainly in a '50s-era high school, shot scenes at Saline’s Liberty School and at various locations around town. Watch for it in theaters soon.
So, how have Salinians handled their brush with fame? With their usual good-natured aplomb. Our citizens remain the same down-to-earth Midwesterners as always. (Though we must say, we have seen many more well-tanned, well-coiffed types tooling around our city's streets in top-down Mercedes convertibles lately. Hmm...)
Big Doings – with Small-Town Charm
More good things happen every day in Saline, thanks to the efforts of the people in our community who are so engaged and caring. Here is just a sampling of the recent biggest happenings around Saline:
- St. Joseph Mercy Saline was recently named one of the country’s “Top 100” Hospitals.
- Students at Saline Area Schools have achieved results on their MEAP (Michigan Educational Assessment Program) tests that place them head-and-shoulders above other area public school districts.
- Our top-rated Saline District Library has recently expanded.
- The growth in our industrial parks has lent an international flair to business in our community.
- There are more community activities than ever, led by premier events such as the Summer Music Series, Sportscars to Saline, Saline Celtic Festival, Saline's Summerfest, Saline Community Fair, Harvest of the Arts/Oktoberfest, Annual Holiday Parade & Holiday Week, and frequent arts and crafts shows.
- The Saline Area Historical Society contines its important work in preserving a valued past.
Get to Know Us Better
The Saline Area Chamber of Commerce could not be prouder of our Members and of the people in our community. Our mission is one of being a voice for all in maintaining a positive economic climate and a meaningful resource for all types of information and referrals.
Whether you are just visiting or you are thinking about relocating here, we hope you will take the time to discover all we have to offer. We think you will agree that it is our people and businesses who make the Saline area community such a great place to be.
The Ann Arbor Area Convention & Visitor Bureau and the Ypsilanti Convention & Visitors Bureaus have a wealth of information for visitors to Washtenaw County. Click on the logos to find out more.
Explore why the Saline Area is a great place to live, work, and play!
Saline Area Chamber of Commerce
"Where People and Business Meet for a Better Community"
141 E. Michigan Avenue, Suite B
Saline, MI 48176-0198
With all Saline has to offer, it’s no wonder Bloomberg Businessweek named Saline "The Best Place to Raise Kids" in the State of Michigan for 2013.